Printer quality problems can arise if your print head becomes partially stopped with dried ink. In case the dried ink is not removed from the print head, then more ink can build up until the print head becomes entirely stopped. HP offers printers with a self-cleaning function, still the stoppage of ink is critical, and then the print head needs to be cleaned manually. In order to troubleshoot the clogged print head, consult experts for HP printer technical support or fix the problem on your own with the following steps given below-
- Here, you need to ensure that your printer is on. Simply hold down the power button together with pressing the cancel button in order to choose the desired level of cleaning.
- Now, you have to choose the “Cancel” button for performing the first cleaning level. Further, you have to press the cancel button two times and then the restart button for the second cleaning level. There, you need to press the “Cancel” button thrice and further the resume button for the third cleaning level.
- Next, you have to remove your finger from the printer’s power button. Here, the printer will perform the self-cleaning procedure and then print a configuration page. Check the page to make sure that the print quality issues have been fixed.
- First of all you need to turn on your HP printer. Further, wait for few seconds till the print cartridge carriage start to move towards the center of the printer and then unplug the power cord.
- Launch the printer’s access door and simply eliminate the print heads.
- Afterward, you need to clean the contact points of the print head with a smooth and clean microfiber cloth. Here, you need to ensure that you have removed ink completely. Here, do not wipe the nozzles on the underneath of the print head.
- Dip the cotton swab in distilled water and then smoothly clean the rest of the ink residue left on the print head with the wet cotton swab. Make sure that you do not touch the nozzles on the underside of the printhead. Now, put the print head away and wet a clean cotton swab down with distilled water.
- At last, you need to clean the print head points underneath the printer ensuring to remove all ink buildup. Here, you need to wait for few minutes until the cleaned areas get dry completely. Further, you have to reinsert the print heads and then shut the printer’s access door. Simply reconnect the power cord into the wall. In case the print quality issues still arise, then you should replace the print head.
For more help and support, you can easily connect our support service through our helpline HP printer tech support phone number +1-800-510-7358. Here, you will get instant guidance with best solutions from the experienced and adept IT technicians.